The trust was established by deed on 2nd September 1941. The original trustees were two Council Members of ICOS, the Rev. Edward J. Coyne and Senator F Baxter; and the then General Secretary of ICOS Dr Henry Kennedy. The initial fund amounted to £25.
A Trustee Company, the Golden Jubilee Trust Limited was incorporated on the 12th of December 1978. The objects of the Trustee Company specifically authorise the Directors of the Trustee Company to act on behalf of the Trust and enable it to perform its obligations under the Trust Instrument.
The Trust operates in the Republic of Ireland and works through grant programs and development work to achieve the aims of the organisation.
Rev. Edward J. Coyne