The Golden Jubilee Trust is a charitable trust with the primary objectives of promoting, developing and improving the co-operative movement and the industry of agriculture in Ireland.
The aims of the Trust include:
- the promotion of the co-operative movement in Ireland
- the financing of publications devoted to the interest of agricultural co-operation
- the advancement of research in the theory and practice of agriculture
- the founding of clubs, agricultural shows, classes and schools aimed at promoting agriculture
- the making of grants and loans to co-operatives to assist in the development of their business and to enable them to expand or undertake new branches of industry or trade
- the making of grants or loans to any society, club or movement of which the trustees consider useful to the interests of agriculture or ancillary rural industry